Monday, November 10, 2008

A Fork in The Road

I've come to a pretty important decision in my life...should I ski at Winter Conference or should I snowboard or not participate at all in the wintery sporting world? My past experiences with skiing have been 50/50 on good and bad. I've only been twice. The first time, I totally rocked out at ski school and tore up the bunny slopes and even moved up to the greens and blues (those are the categories, right), BUT the second time I went, I had suffered an injury in a climbing accident and had convinced myself and others that I was fine enough to ski. I was not. I don't think I have ever experienced so much pain as I did from a tightened ski boot around my semi-swollen foot. And then standing on it not even skiing was excruciating. Needless to say, I did not ski very well because of the pain and because of the terror I felt of becoming injured again. Sitting back at the hotel watching the Lord of the Rings over and over was definitely a good use of time and money on that trip.

Now, I am no longer injured from climbing and I do like adventure. But, I don't know what I should do. I've never snowboarded. It could be new. Or I could just hang out the whole time and not do either. I'm slightly leaning towards that. What do you think?

1 comment:

Brittany Smith said...

I never skied because 1. I don't like the cold 2. I don't like wearing skis 3. I don't like feeling could-fall-off-a-mountain-cliff-out-of-control. Also if you don't ski you can sleep in a little bit some days and then have lots of energy for the rest of the day and stay up late. I miss winter conference already! I hope you have fun!