Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Because I said I would?

I was tagged in a note of facebook that said I had to write 16 random unrelated facts about myself and tag 15 people in it. Normally, I don't participate in these things. But who doesn't like to talk about themselves? So, I am letting you people know as well.

1. I hate peanut butter, you can be offended, horrified, surprised or whatever emotion you want , I think it tastes, looks and smells super gross.

2. I was in a show choir in 6th grade that made me dress up like a clown and sing and dance...I never realized how creepy that was until I found out everyone's irrational fear of clowns

3. I sleep with a stuffed lion that I've had since I was two. His name is Azzie. He rocks. Most people think that he looks like a weasel or ferret or some other creature besides lion, but they are wrong.

4. I'm awake for approximately 18 hours every day.

5. I love coffee--just black coffee--non of that latte stuff. I'm done with that.

6. I used to only drink something with three ice cubes in it. Not two, not four, just three. I grew out of this. Don't worry I have other weird things to keep my OCDness going strong.

7. The sound of any kind of smacking or noise made with a mouth makes me feel like I'm going to throw up.

8. My third biggest fear is of sharks. They are terrifying. I don't get in the ocean due to this. They are in there and will more than likely find me and take an arm or two. I also hate sand. But I like going to the beach and not actually being near it. So maybe I don't like the beach. I like the mountains.

9. I used to iron my money. And occasionally wash it if it was excessively dirty. I don't do that anymore either.

10. My parents made me write all the verses in the Bible about honesty and deceit when I lied to them one time. I did that a lot when I was younger. Apparently it's not a good thing to do and honesty is a big deal in the Bible. Lying is bad. Don't do it.

11. I love the South and the charm it has...especially Oxford. I don't know if I could live there forever, but the four years I spent there were definitely worth while. I think I have idealized it since I've left. I love the trees and the quaintness of everything. The manners and the style. Bottletree, Square Books, Faulkner's Woods... I miss it.

12. Writing letters is my favorite. I would write anyone a letter especially if they would write me back. I think it is a lost art. There is something so much more personal about a handwritten letter than an email or text message or even a phone call. Feel free to write me anytime. 813 East Hayes Street Norman, Oklahoma 73071

13. I insisted on people calling me Romona when I was in preschool. It was a ballin' name back then...I don't think so anymore.

14. My family is awesome and hilarious. Really you should hear the stories. They are probably some of my most favorite people in the world. I love spending time with all of them. There is never a dull moment. Mary is always doing something or Bill is saying something that is not quite what you would ever expect from them. Unless you know them of course and then it is totally typical. Love it.

15. My favorite tv show is Friends. Thought Arrested Development comes in at a close second maybe even infringe on the number one spot. The Office and Seinfeld are also in the running. Those are my top 4 favorite shows. I guess if I'm completely honest Lipstick Jungle would fall into the number 5 spot, I know, it's a really really dumb show. I got sucked it.

16. I like learning and reading. Especially about things that interest me. If I could choose between books, movies, and television. I would choose books. But I would miss movies and my top 5 favorite shows.

So there you go. Anything else you want to know. You can ask, I'll probably tell you, but no promises.

5 comments:

Jessie said...

Have you ever thought that perhaps #1 and #7 are related?

Michael said...

Again with Lipstick Jungle. At least it's number 5.

Leah said...

The idealization of Oxford sounds like what I was talking about in our phone conversation. Plagiarism! Whatever, I won't press charges, but only so long as I'm part of the idealization (i.e. you now think/know that I'm the most amazing person you've every met. Of course this won't be idealization, just truth.) And the peanut butter thing still puts a barrier on our relationship, I'm not going to lie. I miss the Bill and Mary stories. You don't tell them to me via facebook anymore and it makes me sad. You've changed, Anna, you've changed.

PS I think you should add an additional number stating how the best cake/cupcake flavor is Funfetti, hands down, and how last year you/we went through a cupcake craze and made them about twice a week. Or how sophomore year we probably ate about a ton of ice cream pints, literally. Or how you're just crazy. Wait, you don't need a number for that, everyone knows.
PPS I hope your love of books includes your love of reading this novella-length entry...
PPPS Azzie is so a weasel. And don't every forget it.

schupack said...

those are some pretty good OCD tendencies. I approve. Ironing money. That's a new one. I should probably warn you I have a few OCD habits myself...something about washing dishes...

Anonymous said...

!
http://movie-poster.ws/movies/wallpaper/fanart/bruce-shark.jpg