Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Stancy Richards


This post has been requested by my friend, Stancy Richards.

Stancy, formally known as Constance Marie, came into my life through the efforts of Molly Tuza. Who will be a complete different blog. Molly insisted that I meet her friend, Stancy when I moved to Norman. And so meet her I did. First, I sent her a very eloquent facebook message that said,

"Stancy,
I was informed by our dear friend, Molly Tuza that we need to be friends!! I am the new RUF intern at OU and will hopefully be moving to norman super soon. I would love to meet you and maybe grab some coffee or some eats or you know just kick it. So, let me know what's up and i can't wait to meet you!! Check ya later yo. I'm pretty gangsta. We can discuss Molly in depth. She's sitting next to me right now which explains a lot of the ridiculous comments in this message. jk. Yay for friends!!"

My message was promptly responded to with:

"Anna,
I promise I haven't been ignoring you! I'm so sorry! I was out of the country, and when i got back I kinda had to do email overload and got really sick of it. BUT i'm so pumped that you're coming and we definitely must be friends!!! I'll be back in norman around the 20thish...what are your plans? if you need some help moving i must say i'm pretty buff ;) do you know where you're living yet? How's all the fund raising going?

and, yes please! i love coffee dates, or ice cream dates.....i'm pretty much up for any kind of food date ;)

let me know what your plans are and give molls a huge hug for me if you see her first!!!

my number is **********....use it! ;)" --I don't think she would appreciate her phone number being in the blogosphere

Thus, our friendship began. We've been through so much together. I created her blog. She let me sit with her and other people at Cafe Plaid. I raptor walked for her. She made fun of me. Such a beautiful friendship. Thanks Stancy. I hope you like this tribute to you.

Peaces

No comments: