Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Speeding

I got a speeding ticket...two and a half weeks ago at 4am. I was returning a dvd to Blockbuster before I went to the airport to go home/intern training. It was very upsetting...I think mainly because I decided to stay up all night rather than going to sleep so when the copette (she was a girl) pulled me over I was not ready to defend my haste due to my exhaustion. I actually had NO idea why she was pulling me over. I don't think I saw a single car the entire time I was out, so unexcusably I had no other cars to gage my speed by. I realize that there is a spedometer on my car, but who actually looks at that? But the lights came on behind me, and they are very bright at 4am so I pulled over in the the Taco Mayo parking lot and sat there wondering what I had done. Then she was like, "license and insurance" so I gave her my license and my expired insurance card (the in date one was sitting on my dresser at home...I had actually thought earlier I need to put this in my car...I did not). I got two tickets. One for speeding, another for out of date insurance. And then after she gave me my stuff back and the tickets she tried to ask me questions like what I was doing in Norman and what my job was. I was like really? You just gave me two tickets and you want to know about my life. I don't think so. I answered her questions, but I was not happy about it. I'll admit. I cried. AFTER the girl cop left. She was not very nice. But I guess she was doing her job, I was speeding.

So, the reason for this delayed information to the blogsophere is I had purposely forgotten about it so that I could enjoy my time at home and not worry about how much money I was going to have to pay for my criminal offense. I paid my debt to society today. I think I might have rather spent a night in jail. The people might have been nicer. The lady at the municipal court place was not very helpful and actually almost made me cry again. I don't like tickets. I guess that's what you get for breaking the law. So, a lesson for all of you out there. Don't get tickets, they are expensive and sort of ruin the next 25 minutes of your life.

Peaces

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now THAT was more interesting.
: )
I had to type in the word "gurpa" to post this.
It made me laugh.
I think you will laugh too.
Maybe I'm wrong.
But I don't think so.
Gurpa.