Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Intern Training

The past 3 1/2 days I've been in Atlanta for training on interning. I am actually sitting in airport right now waiting for my flight to board in two hours. I think I get some places entirely too early. But you know how they say to get to the airport early and all that nonsense. I don't believe them. I'm going to start arriving 30 minutes before my flight is supposed to board. That sentence is mostly likely a lie. I don't like being late. It stresses me out. I'm trying to stick to a stress-free lifestyle. In case you're wondering...I'm failing miserably at that.

Training was soooo helpful. It was great to recongregate all the other interns in the country and be taught on what we are supposed to be doing and what we aren't. There were many convicting talks and it's always so nice to be in a room full of peers and know that everyone is going through pretty much the exact same thing you are.

All of my fellow interns are so great! I can honestly say that there is not one of them that I do not enjoy talking to and hanging out with. It's beautiful to hear about the work that they are doing on the selected campuses and how much they care about their students and the people they meet. I am so proud to be a part of such a wonderful group of interns. I'm sad that we won't all see each other again until May. However, at least when we do see each other, it will be for two weeks...at the beach for Summer Conference. I really can't wait to see how God changes everyone over the rest of the year.

Peaces

1 comment:

Brittany Smith said...

I knew yall were going to have intern training in October, which is new, but I didn't know it was going to totally replace December training!??! I don't know how I feel about that yet, but I am glad you had a good time.