Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Thank Yous!!!

After 5 visitors, 6 phone calls, 7 emails, 4 hours and 3 hand cramps, I finally finished all of my thank you notes. A horrid display of my worst handwriting, as well as the most uncreative messages I could possibly think up. But I found after 57 notes that there are only a few ways to write out thank you. I tried thank you haikus, such as,

Thank you very much
I appreciate your prayers
The money helped too

but I just really didn't think it got the the depth of my thankfulness. I also tried acrostics like,

Thanks
Humans
A
Niceness
Known

You're
Outstandingness is
Unbelievable!!

Those didn't really work well either. I figured just the standard complete sentence way usually works best. But needless to say, I am so thankful to all my supporters financially and in pray that it was difficult for me to put it into words. I have raised the 75% of the $30,000 for the year and I will be moving to Norman, Oklahoma on Friday!!! I am so excited about beginning my intern adventures at OU. There are already so many events and activities planned, it's going to be so great! So, in 2 days and 10 hours I will be Oklahoma bound.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i liked the haikus
i will miss you when you go
mail me some haikus

MyHuckleberryFriend said...

Woo freakin' hoo!

Say hi to the tornados for me. Maybe you should pull a couch on top of you every now and then...for old times' sake.

Opa!

Brittany Smith said...

Yay for intern blogs!

Strangely enough, I may see you this weekend because our moving plans to get to St. Louis are all messed up and we have to come to Norman a little bit on our way up there.

I am so glad you are moving this weekend. Everyone is excited to have you there. I know God will use you and change you a lot at OU.

Brittany

Becky Myers said...

I share your frustration on thank you cards. There are only so many ways!!

Look forward to meeting you!

Becky

PS Sorry for deleting the first post. I am sadly as much of a klutz on the computer as I am in real life!