Friday, August 29, 2008

First RUF Large Group

Soooooo, Wednesday was the first Large Group of the semester. And it was AWESOME! But, I'm going to be honest about an hour before I had to go I was pretty terrified and was definitely trying to figure out why I signed up for this job. I quickly forgot about my anxiousness and fear when I arrived and was given the opportunity to meet some many amazing students. From what I understand there were a lot of new people, which is definitely a good thing. It was great to meet people but also to see old people meeting new people and everyone bonding.

For the first three weeks of school Large Group is held in the Passion Pit, which is in the South Oval of OU's campus, which is pretty close to the stadium, which is very very big, which will be packed out tomorrow for the OU v Chattanooga game. That was a long sentence. But yeah, so, Chattanooga...kind of a big deal, right? I don't know a whole lot about OU or OU Football, but apparently they are pretty good. It'll be fun to be at a school that wins. Don't get me wrong, Ole Miss will always be first in my heart win it comes to sports and groving and all of that, but let's face it they haven't made an impression of a winning team in quite a while. As "Victory or Death" is my family motto, it'll be nice to live up to that for once in the football realm of life. So... I'll kick off this weekend with a heartfelt, "GO SOONERS!" and "HOTTY TOTTY" to Ole Miss as well in their game against Memphis. The best of luck to you my dear rebs.

1 comment:

tbyork said...

Anna, I'm glad that you're sticking to your Rebel roots. I think that this may be the year that "victory or death" allows you not to die as an Ole Miss fan.