Thursday, August 14, 2008

I'm Movin' Out

The smooth tambre of Billy Joel's voice pretty much monopolized my car's stereo system my senior year in high school. I loved all of his songs. Billy Joel's Greatest Hits is still an all time favorite album of mine. There isn't anything better than rockin out in the car by yourself to Uptown Girl or Piano Man, though Piano Man isn't really a rockin kind of song unless you are rockin a baby to sleep or something. But I particularly loved the song Movin' Out. It just had such a good aspect to it. So, chancing sounding completely ridiculous, "I'm movin' out."

Tomorrow actually!! I'll be loading up the trailer tonight and stuffing my car to the ceiling and at 6am tomorrow I'll start the 11 hour drive to Norman, Oklahoma. I can't begin to describe how excited I am about finally getting to go. I feel like my entire summer has been leading up to this point and I really haven't given much thought to what will happen after I get there, except that I can't wait to meet everyone and get started. I just have no idea what getting started entails. I have a rough idea of what I'll be doing, but I really think this internship is one of those things that is a giant umbrella over a wide spectrum of things. So, get excited because I'm excited!! God willing, in a little more than 24 hours I will be officially on campus and getting started as the OURUF's intern!! Woot!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yayayayayayayayayay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and a few of Ellen Degeneres's "Kakaaaakakaaaaaa's" I can't believe how good God is sometimes, but I know that He will use you in a huge way on the OU campus. My friend (Carissa) lives less than 2 miles from campus on Louisiana Street (coincidence, no)...and since she is a native Oklahoman, I plan on seeing to it that she does not let you feel unwelcomed. I miss you/love you/am praying for you... SC

MyHuckleberryFriend said...

SO, I guess you're there. I thought you were going to call me, ho.

Oh, and I didn't realize you were so preppy until I saw your blog background. Did you find that at Jcrew?

Unknown said...

yay for you being there, and whenever there is a tornado remember all your training from oxford, which includes hanging out on your porch with a bunch of random people,running down the street in a rainstorm and hiding in their closet for like an hour, taking all the pillows off the couch and clenching to azzie the lion/weasel for dear life, because we know that he has superpowers and has dabbled in many different careers, most recently being an astronaut.