Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Invalid

Well, I have my dumb moments or I prefer to say my not as brilliant moments. Because let's be honest, 99% of my moments I am thinking of or doing something brilliant. I should tell you that I had to retype out brilliant three times before I actually spelled it right. I'm in a dumb rut right now. It's kind of like asking how to spell genius and being told that I wasn't one instead of getting the actual spelling of the word. But all this leads to yesterday. Two friends and I went to a pretty cool little coffee shop that might could fail at successfully filling bottletree's place in my heart called Cafe Plaid. Well, we had a series of events happen to us.

Number One: I ordered a coffee and a scone the lady told me the price and I handed her my card. We waited and she came back and said that my card was invalid. Well, in my mind, I knew there was NO way I was out of money already and I started to panic that maybe my bank had shut down my account, due to unusual activity, such as not using it and it being in Oklahoma. So, naturally I looked at the card for answers. And it gave me the answer. The lady at Cafe Plaid was very generous to tell me my card was invalid rather than calling me a complete idiot because I had in fact given her my walmart gift card, which I am sure is zeroed out. It was funny at the time.

Number Two: I should admit that I have always been less than average in the whole smart thing. When I was younger I seriously believed that I was born premature. My mom told me that I was supposed to be born on February 2nd, but I was not. I was born on February 1st. So, as you can see, to a little kid, I was obviously one day premature. And I definitely went around telling people that for a year or so of my life, convinced that I had battled great things as an infant and had overcome so much. I had not. Though I do think that one day might could have developed my brain a little more.

The point of that was that I told them I used to think that, probably trying to justify my previous stupidity with the walmart card.

There is more but I'm tired of blogging. Peace yo.

3 comments:

Bill said...

I am glad you our out of your dumb rut. I know this because you found a way to let everyone know when your birthday is. Presents galore. It is great to read your blog.

MyHuckleberryFriend said...

Bill is so clever. And I like how you snuck in the comment about you not being able to spell genius.

But, Anna, to me...you'll always be premature.

Love, Leah

Mary McDowell said...

I am sorry you suffered such pain in thinking you were premature. However, what you don't know is that I prayed you would not be born on February 2nd as that was Ground Hog Day, and I didn't want everyone calling my baby "a little groundhog".

Love you!!!
Mom