Sunday, September 7, 2008

Good Week

The past week has been pretty great and definitely still busy. The cookout for Labor Day went very well and we had a bigger turn out than I expected. There were about 30 people that showed up with all sorts burger/hotdogesque stuff. It was fun! I met with about different girls throughout the week and it was so great to get to know some of the already existing RUFers as well as some of the new ones that are just starting out either as a freshman or just found out about RUF and came to check it out. I love listening to people's stories and how they have gotten to where they are so far in life, spiritually, geographically, mentally, all of it. Everyone is so different, but also so much alike. It's great!! I so looking forward to getting to know them better and understanding where they are coming from and where they are going.

This week was the second RUF. I think it went very well. I had to make an announcement about Girls' Movie Night we had on Friday...public speaking is not where I am gifted and I don't like it either.

Girls' Movie Night also went very well. 20 girls came to my house, where we made cookies and watched a movie. There were older students and new students and some students that had never even been to RUF. It was so exciting to have them all over to hang out. YAY!!!

To end the week, a couple of girls and I hit up the "art festival" on Saturday. It was not the best art festival I've ever been to, there were about 7 tables of random art. Mainly, not that cool looking of stuff. That's just my opinion though. There was also a porcupine, some kind of lizard, and a sugar glider. It was more or less on the lame side, but we had fun and we got a free print of native americanish style painting or colored pencils, which are all still sitting in the back of my car. All we had to do is right our email address down. I'm not sure why we did that, but we did get free stuff for it. I love free and apparently, we love the prints. It was a good week.

2 comments:

MyHuckleberryFriend said...

Stop having fun without me. I don't like it.

schupack said...

I'm sure those prints would make a great Christmas present for somebody...