Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Kind of depressing and Concerts!!!!!!!

To update those that actually read this blog, my life is different than I expected. It has been a surprising roller coaster of trying to make life everything I want it to be. I think that is the problem. I need to let go of trying to MAKE it something it is not. I am trying to be everything to everyone and I feel like I am failing miserably. I think more than anything I am worn out. I wake up too early and go to bed too late and work really hard the 8 hours I am at work everyday. I am constantly wishing for a slow day or an early out...those usually don't happen, but it's a great day when it does! I am still looking for other jobs. I am hoping something more consistent and "real job" like comes up. I am praying. I am realizing that not getting enough sleep or rest makes me crazy. I have WAY over reacted to things that are definitely not big deals and really under reacted to things that are. It seems like in the past 5 years I have been pretty consistent in my reactions to things and I am unsure of my sanity.

On a good note, I am going to a lot of concerts this semester! Michael and I recently went to go see Blink 182. It was at least interesting. We were stuck in traffic for two hours in Dallas and missed the first two bands, but it turned out ok. Blink 182 are definitely entertaining in one way or another. ha. Also, on the line up there is U2, Brian Regan, Ben Folds, hopefully Regina Spektor and Jon Foreman with Switchfoot. I have decided I really like concerts and seeing bands and hearing music I listen to in my car on on my ipod. It seems like a worthwhile experience.

Things are going to get better. I am hopeful.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is almost exactly how I feel about my semester...I hope yours improves!

Willis said...

I read your blog. :)
I'll be praying that you get a more "real life" job soon. I'm still sad I'm mission out on the U2 concert.

Michael said...

jon foreman

Vanessa Washburn said...

What is your job right now? I am so out of the loop. Oh and Zach said U2 was awesome so I hope you enjoy it as much as he did.

Bill said...

Remember we love and care for you. Remember who you are and that you have a lot of talent to offer many people. Be bold. Do not fear "no". I pray for you daily.