Thursday, April 1, 2010

The Pioneer Woman

Before a few months ago I had never heard of Ree Drummond. For those out there that have also not heard of her she is the Pioneer Woman. Every time I hear the word pioneer, my mind immediately goes to two things, the Little House on the Prairie series and Oregon Trail. When I was younger, I loved Little House on the Prairie. I actually still do. I just started rereading the series. It is excellent.

My roommate Natalie recently purchased The Pioneer Woman cookbook. She has made several different recipes, all delicious, and I am now inspired. Ree's cookbook as well as her website are filled with recipes that look so amazing you want to eat your computer. Not only does she have step by step instructions, but also step by step pictures of whatever it is your are making should look like along the way. This seems genius, but so simple in the cooking world. I am always wondering if something looks right while I'm making it.

Anyway, my point to this is, I bought into the craze here among a lot of women in Norman. I made my first pioneer woman recipe, "The Best Chocolate Sheet Cake. Ever." It's sitting on the table cooling with all of it's chocolatey goodness. I'm excited to try it. I'll let you know how it is...maybe.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just ate my computer.

Anonymous said...

try the ranch dressing! I found your blog because I googled my name-same as yours-first and last at least. Kinda weird