Saturday, January 30, 2010

Last Year, This Year and Beyond...

As most of you know, I'm engaged (to be married). For those that didn't know, I'm sorry I haven't blogged about it yet. On December 29th, 2009, Michael asked me to marry him and I said yes!! I am really excited to get to marry my best friend and the greatest guy I know.

After getting engaged, we entered into a whirlwind of wedding planning and life planning. It is strange to actually have to decide what I am going to do with the rest of my life and that whatever it is affects someone else. I am already learning that I am terribly selfish and not a great person. Those are probably good things to be aware of.

So, we got engaged. Set a date. And are now deciding life after marriage. Michael and I are hoping to go to seminary and are in the process of applying and getting things lined up to do that. It is scary, but exciting. I am trying to trust Jesus in all of the planning and preparations for so many life changes. I fail every minute. I am thankful he is gracious and patient and is changing me.

In light of planning a wedding, we will undoubtedly have music and dancing. Which means there will need to be good music so that people will dance. I love dancing...others do not...that is ok, I guess. In your opinion, what are your top 5 songs to dance? They can be anything. We'll more than likely use them.

5 comments:

DrLeoMarvin said...

Twist and Shout

Brittany Smith said...

September, Earth Wind and Fire.
I Gotta Feeling, BEP.
Love Shack, B52s.
Shout, The Isley Brothers.
Hey Ya!, Outkast.

All of these were hits at weddings (ours or other recent ones), and are regulars for spontaneous dancing at the smith house.

Unknown said...

At Last
Aint no mountain high
Superstition
Can't get enough of your love baby
Soul Man
My girl
The way you make me feel-MJ

christina said...

Mambo No.5 by Lou Bega
Waiting for Tonight by J Lo

Another JaneDoe said...

1)For a sort of unified dance, you could do the Cupid Shuffle.
2) Celebration (I think that is what it is called. It goes, "Celebrate good times, come on! . . .")
3)YMCA (some may think it's cheesy, but EVERYBODY will join in!)
4)Another group, unified one: the Electric Slide
5) I don't know what is called, but it goes "Shake Your Groove Thang, Yeah Yeah". It's from the 60's or 70's