Sunday, November 8, 2009

Etsy

I've heard about Etsy for a long time, but have not spent a good deal of time looking through the stuff talented people all over the country make by hand! It's great! I am a sucker for hand crafted, one of a kind (or at least not mass produced) stuff. It is inspiring. I want to start painting again, learn to sew better and just do awesome stuff. I would also love to learn how to make pottery. Become a potter, as it were. Here are some of my favorite things I've seen on so far.



This is a watercolor print. You can buy it for $12. I really like the style of the trees.

This is a ceramic mug. ha. I like that it is just "brown" but there are so many other colors making it just brown. It can also be bought, but for $20.



This is a rubber stamp to put in your books. I would probably get it to say Anna McDowell rather than Stacey Burns. I think that could get confusing. $13.50

This seller has a lot of cute post earrings. I really like them. And they are only $4.50-$6.50. Right there is a deal for buy 3 get 1 free on all of the seller's stuff. Woot.

I guess that wraps up this post.

4 comments:

Jessie said...

I love Etsy! (Obviously -- I have two shops!) Those paisley earrings are absolutely, no-words adorable! Really. Adorable.

Anonymous said...

I found some cameo earrings over the weekend (not on Etsy. Even though, I know they have cameo earrings.) I did not buy them.

DrLeoMarvin said...

Are you being paid per mentioned item...?

Jessica said...

ive heard this mentioned in conversation but never really knew what it was. you have completely opened up a wonderful world to me! im a sucker for anything handmade :) hope you are doing well. i miss you!!!