Saturday, May 30, 2009

Not Sure

My year of interning has come to a close, as most of you know, and I will not be returning for a second year. However, I will still be living in Norman and sticking around the RUF community. I feel as if an era of my life has ended. The end of the school year and Summer Conference was extremely difficult for me. For the first time in five years, I am not expected to show up at RUF or really have to be involved at all. Of course, I still want to be there and will be, but it is not necessary since it is no longer my job and I am not a college student. I got my degree. (though it's not helping me out very much at the moment). RUF has been an huge influence in my life and I am sad to not be directly involved. I signed up for the internship and moved out to Norman expecting to do an amazing job and change lives and show people the Gospel, but instead I was shown the Gospel, my life was changed, and the people that I was hoping more to minister to ended up ministering to me. I am so thankful for the opportunity I have had to love and be loved by the students of OU. So many people have reached out to me and loved me and welcomed me into a wonderful community. Thank you to those that have done that.

The next couple of months I will be in Huntsville working for my dad and searching for a job out in Norman. I am hoping to return in the middle of July to seriously look for something to do. To be honest I have no idea what that will be and that is terrifying. I am not sure what is next for me in life. It will be different. People say different is okay, but I'm not sure.

5 comments:

schupack said...

I love my roommate!
miss you. I'll be praying for a job. You are the best.

kirsten said...

Anna,
I'm looking forward to having you around and hanging out more! There - one small purpose for your life! :)

Katie Tracy said...

You = friend win.
I love being your friend and having you in my life, and I know that life is a question mark right now, but we are all here to love and support you through whatever life brings. Fancy friends forever, you and me. :)

DrLeoMarvin said...

You have skills. You can lift, reach, and grasp.

Justin W said...

welcome to the job-shopping club ..